Contact
Pfarrkirche Maria Heimsuchung
Kirchplatz
6632 Ehrwald
pfarre.ehrwald@dibk.at
Date: 18th century
Located in the northern area of the church square, surrounded by a walled cemetery with a chapel. Built in 1728/1729 in place of a church consecrated in 1648, consecrated in 1734. The nave was extended in 1784. Four-bay nave with portal projection and figure niche. Steep, shingle-covered gable roof and retracted round arch choir with sacristy annex. A tower added on the north side with an octagonal bell storey and onion dome. A monumental fresco of Christ the King on the sacristy, 1960. The interior features delicate pilaster structure with a flat ceiling, with a deep gallery above the entrance. Ceiling painting from 1963 with scenes from the life of Jesus and Mary.
Monument protection
Source: Art Register of Tyrol